We announce the release of U-Compare 2.0 an integrated text mining/natural language processing system based on the UIMA Framework, which provides access to a large collection of ready-to-use, interoperable, natural language processing components. U-Compare allows users to build complex NLP workflows from these components via an easy drag-and-drop interface, and makes visualisation and comparison of the outputs of these workflows simple.
U-Compare 2.0 introduces:
- A Web Application Framework that allows users to automatically convert standalone workflows into web services via a two-click process. (please see http://nactem.ac.uk/ucompare/documentation/exporting-and-sharing-u-compare-workflows-as-web-services/)
- New NLP components (e.g., Kleio Search, various taggers from our META-NET partners).
- We have migrated all our web based components (e.g., GENIA tagger, Enju parser) to new servers for robust processing.
- Various bug fixes.
U-Compare has moved to a new web site: http://nactem.ac.uk/ucompare/. In the download section you will find:
- U-Compare 2.0: Standalone version of U-Compare platform 2.0
- U-Compare Web Application Framework 1.0: For deploying U-Compare workflows as web services in your own servers. Alternatively you can use NaCTeM’s servers.
- U-Compare Type System 1.0: For developing your own U-Compare components.